Thursday, July 29, 2010

Potty Training Begins!!



Here we go!!
I have a 4 day weekend this week, so I decided we've put it off long enough. Here is Bam in his new Elmo underwear! He thinks it's a blast! This morning we dropped the poo poo from his diaper into the big potty and flushed it. Then I said that we were going to try underwear and gave him his very own little potty chair.
So far he wont even sit on it. He fights me when I try to make him sit. He wont even sit on top of it when it's closed!
So while Im sitting here doing this blog, we had our first accident!!! All over the couch! I knew because my pants started getting wet. No...I didnt have the accident. I am fully trained. But it leaked onto me while he sat next to me. So I ran him to the potty chair, and he still didnt want to sit down. But he was surprised how wet the couch was and his undies.
So I tell him we are going to go try again in 10 mintues. (figure I'll start there!)
He has a sticker chart for every time he goes potty on the potty chair. and if he fills the whole thing up, he gets a new toy!
So the adventure begins. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT MEMORIES! AFTER 3 BOYS AND ALOT OF GRANDSONS, I CAN'T HELP MUCH. THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT. BUT
THE BOYS THO'T IT WAS FUN TO STAND ON DADDY'S FEET IN FRONT OF THE BIG
TOILET AND GO PEE PEE. THE OTHER WAS MORE DIFFICULT. BUT TRY THE WETTING FIRST, THEN GO ON TO THE BIG STUFF! HA. GOOD LUCK AND WE'LL BE
PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU. GREAT GRANDMA SHIRLEY LOVE YOU.